Custom Forum Icons

• Downloading from our site will require you to have a paid membership. Upgrade to a Premium Membership today!

Dont forget read our Rules! Also anyone caught Sharing this content will be banned. By using this site you are agreeing to our rules so read them. Saying I did not know is simply not an excuse! You have been warned.

Radio

ven0m

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Platinum
    xenForo 2.x.x
    xenForo 1.x.x
    Contributor
    vBulletin All Access Pass
    The Chest
    Verified
    Ultra Platinum VIP
    Platinum VIP
    Gold VIP
    Silver VIP
    Premium
    Jul 17, 2005
    localhost
    Heisenberg submitted a new resource:

- Custom Forum Icons

vB Version: 5.x.x

Add to css_additional.css

Code:
    /* start custom forum icons */

/* forum icon for forums with new posts */
    #forum16 .cell-forum .icon {
        background: transparent url("/images/CustomIcons/BOSnew.png") no-repeat;
    }
    #forum16 .forum-list-container .forum-item.new .cell-forum .icon, .forum-list-container .forum-item.sub.new .cell-forum .icon {
        background: transparent url("/images/CustomIcons/BOSnew16.png") no-repeat;
      width: 16px;
      height:...

Last edited:

ven0m

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Platinum
    xenForo 2.x.x
    xenForo 1.x.x
    Contributor
    vBulletin All Access Pass
    The Chest
    Verified
    Ultra Platinum VIP
    Platinum VIP
    Gold VIP
    Silver VIP
    Premium
    Jul 17, 2005
    localhost
    This is an upgrade which replaces the above code.
    It allows for the use of 2 replacement icons, one for read topics, one for unread topics, whereas the previous code was always set to unread.
    Thanks goes out to Glen for helping me overcome the issues that were plaguing me on this. The solution was so simple.

You will need to set 2 sets of values for the Forum ID you want affected, the image location and the replacement icons. By default this is 32x32. One unread, one read(greyed out).

Code:
    [/I][/B][B][I]/* Start custom forum icons v2 */
    #[COLOR=#008000]forum16[/COLOR].forum-item .cell-forum .icon {
        background: transparent url("[COLOR=#0000FF]/images/CustomIcons[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#800080]BOS32.png[/COLOR]") no-repeat;
    }

#[COLOR=#008000]forum16[/COLOR].forum-item.new .cell-forum .icon {
        background: transparent url("[COLOR=#0000FF]/images/CustomIcons[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#800080]BOS32-new.png[/COLOR]") no-repeat;
    }
    /* End custom forum icons v2 */[/I][/B][B][I]

In this example, you can see how the forum default icons, triangles, remain the same except on the targeted forum, which becomes a circle.
    If all topics have been read, the icon is grey, but if new topics exist, the icons turn green.

You must be registered for see images attach

Additional forums with ID's and icons can be added.
    This is all done without changing the LTR/RTL sprite set.